SYNCING.NET Version 3.1 (March 28, 2011)
What's new for version 3.1:
- Compatible with our new, more powerful server systems
- More information for data transfer details in the transfer status dialog (View – Transfer level)
- All Sync Folders can now be opened using "Favorites" in Internet Explorer
- Pending transfers are displayed via mouse-over in the Information area of the taskbar (tray icon)
- Invitation e-mails can now be personalized
- Outlook contacts can now be be loaded directly via SYNCING.NET
- Scheduled server maintenance notifications delivered via pop-up window
- Proxy server settings to be set up before User Account is created
The following improvements have been made in version 3.1:
- Improved stability in problematic Windows environments
- New warning message when using Outlook 2000 with Windows XP (without Service Pack 3)
- Correction of network joining status in main user window
- Improvements in process for sending log files
- Invitation process improved
- Faster reconnection from offline- and standby modes
- Problematic directories not included in future syncs
SYNCING.NET Versions 3.0.2 and 3.0.3 (February 3rd, 2011)
What's new for versions 3.0.2 and 3.0.3:
- Optimization in invitation process (accepting invitation)
- Improved robustness of update & upgrade process
- Faster reconnection to server after becoming offline
SYNCING.NET Version 3.0.1 (October 20, 2010)
What's new for version 3.0.1:
- New technology developments based on Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0
- New product lineup optimized for greater professional flexibility
- Supports the new Microsoft Office 64-bit technology
- Supports synchronization with Microsoft Exchange (via ost files)
- Increased overall performance
- Connections via proxy servers now possible (automatic detection)
- Set maximum folder sizes within Sync Folders
- Control bandwidth consumption by SYNCING.NET
- Instantly pause syncing for 15, 30, 60 or 120 minutes in order to fully allocate your PC resources to another application
- Print function now available to print Outlook Groups and Sync Folders and their participants
- Usability enhancements via the tray icon (e.g. sync pausing, bandwidth control)
The following improvements have been implemented in version 3.0.1:
- Stability in difficult environments has been improved
- Screens have been improved for 120 DPI
- Correct time is now listed during any data conflict detection
- Improved support for large file downloads from Internet browser Firefox into a Sync Folder
SYNCING.NET Version 2.8.7 (December 7, 2010)
The following improvements have been implemented in version 2.8.7:
- Improvements to the overall installation process (e.g. when updating and in 64-bit scenarios)
- Prompt added with a pop-up notification when an Outlook Group import has been interrupted
- Improved handling of conflicts as well as performance when Outlook Groups are being deleted
- GUI improvements
- Improved compatibility with SYNCING.NET Outlook Backup
- Faster process for shutdown on Windows XP Home systems
- Improved overall stability and performance
SYNCING.NET Version 184.108.40.206 (July 29, 2010)
What's new for version 220.127.116.11:
- Improvements to the installer which decrease the installation time and improve the update process
- Implemented full synchronization functionality for Outlook 2000 without Windows XP Service Pack 3
- Improved performance and compatibility with Vista and Windows 7
SYNCING.NET Version 2.8.6 (July 16, 2010)
What's new for version 2.8.6:
- Faster synchronization speed
- Installation process optimized
The following improvements have been implemented in version 2.8.6:
- Translation and notification errors fixed
SYNCING.NET Version 18.104.22.168 (July 13, 2010)
The following improvements have been implemented in version 22.214.171.124:
- Fixed a bug that prevented the synchronization on very few systems
- A bug which allowed SYNCING.NET to start more than once in parallel has been fixed
SYNCING.NET Version 126.96.36.199 (July 10, 2010)
What's new for version 188.8.131.52:
- Simplification of the installation dialogs (update) and the first steps with SYNCING.NET
- Improved speed of installation (especially during program start)
- Now the last used settings are saved for the next start and will be reused automatically
The following improvements have been implemented in version 184.108.40.206:
- Fixed minor bugs that caused problems when folders and participants were deleted
SYNCING.NET Version 220.127.116.11 (July 2, 2010)
What's new for version 18.104.22.168:
- Synchronization performance enhancements
- Improved process for updating software (from v2.7 to v2.8)
- Error and support messages edited for improved clarity
The following fixes have been implemented in version 22.214.171.124:
- Confusing warning messages in Rights Management removed
- Message windows will now appear in foreground at all times
SYNCING.NET Version 2.8.5 (June 21, 2010)
The following improvements have been implemented in version 2.8.5:
- Various minor and major issues reported to the Support Team since the introduction of 2.8 have been addressed and fixed (see below).
- In a few isolated instances, during message transmission in Outlook certain data was not decoded correctly. The bug has been detected and fixed.
- Fixed bug that prevented joining Outlook networks via the pop-up screen under certain conditions.
- Improved updating process when an existing installation is updated.
- Improved performance in regards to log level settings.
SYNCING.NET Version 2.8.4 (May 27, 2010)
What's new for version 2.8.4:
- The speed of the program has been significantly improved, particularly the aspect of Outlook synchronization. Changes that originate from other computers are now processed faster.
- The processing of roles assigned by the program has been improved as well. SYNCING.NET will now be able to recognize changes to a participant's role much faster, and integrate the changes promptly.
SYNCING.NET Version 2.8.3 (May 7, 2010)
What's new for version 2.8.3:
- When creating an Outlook Group, the import and export of Outlook data has been optimized. The speed for creating an Outlook Group has been particularly quickened and made simpler.
- Memory usage by SYNCING.NET has been optimized. The program can now function without affecting the system's speed, especially those with small memory (RAM).
The following improvements have been implemented in version 2.8.3:
- Several of the minor bugs discovered in the earlier release of 2.8 have been addressed and fixed (see below).
Version 2.8 (April 01, 2010)
What’s new for version 2.8:
- Integrated user rights management for file sharing and Outlook synchronization. This is available to all users during the 30-day trial period. Assigning individual user rights through the use of roles for each SYNCING.NET user (e.g. read-only access) keeps you in full control of the synchronized data. After the test phase, this functionality is available on the new Business Edition only. You can maintain these functionalities by purchasing a license in our online store or upgrade from other editions to the Business Edition.
- Version 2.8 is compatible with Windows 7 (both 32 – and 64-bit versions). Compatibility has been officially confirmed through Microsoft.
- The version has significantly improved compatibility with all Windows 64-bit versions, as well as Windows Explorer integration.
- Significant improvements were made in regards to the stability and robustness of the software, including the prevention of installing unsuitable folders for SYNCING.NET.
- Program operation disabling is now possible via a new tab on the SYNCING.NET main window under "View”.
- The Unicode compatibility has been enhanced to support non-Roman characters and languages.
- Chinese and French language versions are now available. There are a total of six choices for languages (German, English, Spanish, Portuguese, French and Chinese) during installation. And at any time, the user can still change the preferred language if need be. In addition, the localization for Spanish and Portuguese customers has been greatly improved.
- With the widespread growth of 16:9 monitors commonly found on laptops and, in particular, notebooks, the user interface and dialogue have been optimized for greater compatibility with this format.
- Suppression of internal status reports of temporary inconsistencies that are removed automatically, minimizing the created message "database inconsistency".
- Greater stability and reliability of the Outlook synchronization through optimization of the monitoring process by improving and quickening the detection of Outlook file structures (folder trees).
- Improvement on handling and displaying of Outlook conflicts (when an item was changed simultaneously by a different user or during offline usage).
- Optimized file synchronization with inclusion of handling/conditions of umlauts, apostrophes and special characters in file names.
- SYNCING.NET now detects the components installed in the user interface and dynamically adapts to the settings of the user. Thus, the tab "Outlook" is no longer displayed to the user if there is no Outlook installed on the computer.
- Improvement of the behavior patterns of SYNCING.NET during Windows shutdown in error situations. SYNCING.NET will, in such cases, terminate automatically and there will be no error message that the program stopped responding.
- The error handling during startup of the system has been improved (e.g. a PC crashes during the writing of internal cache files). Upon startup, SYNCING.NET will not be a blocked application.
- Improved functionality of SYNCING.NET during startup or waking the system from hibernation or standby mode.
- Improved stability and speed of SYNCING.NET when adding folders to an existing Outlook group and on the general user interface.
- Optimization of invitation process when a single user is working with multiple PCs.
- Increased capabilities in the creation of SYNCING.NET user accounts.
- The process description of all the modules has been improved. This provides a better recognition and solutions for possible errors.
The following improvements have been implemented in version 2.8:
- A bug that prevented, in some cases, the synchronization of XLS files has been fixed.
- Elimination of error message that was encountered on non-English Windows versions.
- Error fixed in cases where Sync folders are emptied during an offline session and must then must be manually removed at a later time.
- A dialog to browse for a folder is displayed correctly on Windows 64-bit versions – even if one folder was missing on sync.
- Duplication issues within Outlook and Outlook elements minimized.
- Elimination of error reporting message when already sending a report.
- Fixes bug when reading the installation directory. This prevents the display of unnecessary errors.